Accounting & Professional Services for the Greater Pittsburgh Real Estate Industry
We combine advanced technical skills and industry knowledge with a strong commitment to client service.
Below are some of the services we provide to developers, owners, and investors with an eye towards achieving bottom-line results.
Real Estate Tax Advisory and Compliance Services:
- Tax services, including return preparations, entity selection considerations, partnership taxation consulting, transaction assistance and analysis, passive activity rules, alternative minimum tax (AMT) issues, and representation before the IRS
- Cost Segregation Studies to improve current cash flow by accelerating depreciation on new construction or existing properties
- Like-Kind (1031) Exchanges utilized for the deferral of taxes on the gain from the sale of like-kind property
- Real Estate Professional, qualifications to avoid passive activity limitations
- Estate planning, including charitable remainder trusts, family limited partnerships, gifting strategies and asset transfers
- Ownership considerations, including business continuation and transition, succession planning, business or property valuations, estate and gift considerations
- Trust and estate planning
- Partnership Special Allocations and Distributions
- Energy Efficient Deductions and Credits, 179(D) “Energy Efficient Commercial Building”, IRC 45L “Energy Efficient Home Credit”
- Historical Tax Credits
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit
- Pennsylvania credit planning for utilization of KOZ, R&D and EITC credits
Assurance Services for the Pittsburgh Real Estate Industry:
- Audits, reviews and compilations, including those subject to the reporting requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and cost certifications
- Cash flow analysis and forecasts
- Benchmarking and ratio analysis as compared with industry standards
Finance and Investment Services for the Real Estate Industry in Greater Pittsburgh:
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Construction and permanent lending, government financing
We are active in a number of industry organizations, including the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and the Builder’s Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh (BAMP).