Pittsburgh Accounting Firm Handles Due Diligence and Merger and Acquisition Accounting Issues
Completing a merger or acquisition requires you to make many strategic decisions.
You need the right information before the deal, so there are no surprises after the deal.
The importance of developing a thorough strategy before a merger or acquisition cannot be overstated. Failure to conduct detailed due diligence and a methodical risk assessment can lead to bad business decisions. Sometimes it is better to walk away from a deal rather than bet your company on a transaction that has only a small chance of success. At Beerman, Piper & Associates, LLC, we handle your merger and acquisition accounting issues, in addition to providing due diligence services to ensure you make the right decision for your company.
Beerman, Piper & Associates, LLC has the experience to support companies through every aspect of a merger and acquisition including:
- Due diligence analysis
- Conducting audits and evaluating assets of acquired companies
- Performing other due diligence in connection with acquisitions
- Advising on proper accounting methods and adjustments
- Reviewing and advising on acquisition agreements
- Creating pro forma financial statements for combined entities
- Coordinating the complex nature of combining accounting and administrative support
- Advising on tax planning opportunities
- Consulting on business valuation and purchase price
- Working with attorneys, bankers and venture capitalists
- The due diligence process should be comprehensive. It is in both the buyer’s and seller’s best interest to complete due diligence in order to avoid disputes later.
- If you are thinking of acquiring a private company, make sure your decision is based on thorough due diligence, realistic financial projections, focused post-acquisition business and integration plans and sound valuation analyses.
Financial Advice Throughout the Merger or Acquisition Process
Our approach to due diligence is designed to provide you with the right information before the deal, and avoid surprises after the deal. We are committed to providing you with financial advice throughout the transaction that will improve your odds for success. Our experience and approach will save time and money in these types of high-risk transactions.
Negotiations and Tax Aspects of Buying and Selling a Business
Beerman, Piper & Associates, LLC offers a comprehensive analysis of the business and tax aspects of buying and selling a business. We will give you a practical guide to help you understand structuring techniques.